Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) or Photobiomodulation Therapy (PBMT) is a cutting-edge clinical treatment for fertility. We are one of the first clinics in Ireland to offer this service to our clients.
Our technique has been shown to be effective, painless, non-invasive and safe. Acuhealth’s laser acupuncture program is especially exciting for women who have poor ovarian function and uterine lining issues.
When Laser is applied to the skin, it is absorbed by the damaged cells, triggering a reaction in the mitochondria (the powerhouse of our cells). Your cell growth improves, DNA production enhanced and abnormal cells repaired, all this while reducing inflammation.
Danish and Japanese researchers have shown significant egg quality improvement, with the fertility of both male and female patients, significantly enhanced.
Incredibly the Danish study showed a 66% improvement in the conception rates, for women who had undergone four years of failed ART cycles.
Other studies have shown that implantation rates in IVF patients are significantly higher in cases where Low-Level Laser Therapy was used directly before and after embryo transfer.
LLLT for fertility works to:
- Reduce ageing to the ovaries and oxidative stress
- Increase blood flow to the ovaries, uterus and abdomen
- Enhance tissue healing
- Reduce scaring (from earlier surgeries or infections)
- Relax the sympathetic nervous system
- Decrease stress and promote parasympathetic function
Acuhealth offers over a decade of experience in providing a holistic approach towards conceiving naturally and IVF support, tailoring our fertility plans to you and your cycle. We are here to help you in starting or growing your family. Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for fertility can benefit you:
- If you have egg quality issues due to age including
- low AMH
- high FSH
- poor responders
- If you have issues with your uterine lining such as:
- Previous abdominal surgery or D&C
- Thin lining during IVF cycles
- Ideal for fertility enhancement if you are needle phobic
- Laser Therapy 2-3 times a week for 1-3 months.
- Laser treatments can be enhanced when combined with traditional acupuncture
- Each session is approximately 30 for laser acupuncture, or 60 minutes when coupled with fertility acupuncture.
- We also offer LLLT pre and post IVF transfers as this therapy has been shown to improve outcomes.